Director of Product DesignRedwood City, CA
Director of Product Design
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is looking for a creative leader with a proven track record of design excellence to be our Director of Product Design.
About this Role
As a Director of Product Design, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product to tweaking pixels right before launch and will have a significant impact on what IMVU is today and becomes tomorrow. You will be responsible for the design vision across our full product portfolio as well as managing, growing, and inspiring a team of designers.
- Lead design strategy for all new and existing products:
- Translate product needs into smart, measurable creative strategies that differentiates IMVU and enhances the consumer experience
- Effectively balance design, customer and business needs
- Oversee the development and timely flow of project deliverables, ensuring they are aligned with product goals, and drive work to completion.
- Conduct constructive design reviews and demonstrate that building and improving your team is your most important task.
- Demonstrate willingness to roll-up sleeves to dig in with peers and team members to problem solve
- Build strong, collaborative business partnerships with key departments within the organization.
- Effectively communicate UI strategy, design and project status to all levels of management.
- Benchmark other companies and keep abreast of industry trends, competitive landscape, target audiences, marketplace changes and respond by evolving design and business strategy appropriately
- 8+ years of industry experience as a UX/UI designer in a cross-functional UX team, dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successful desktop and mobile applications
- 4-6 years of leadership experience in both startups and high-traffic consumer companies managing design teams of at least 5 or more designers.
- Experience working with social networks, social gaming, avatars, virtual goods or immersive entertainment.
- Proven ability to attract and hire high quality design talent
- Direct experience with rapid iterative design and driving design oversight within an agile/scrum development process.
***Portfolio is required*** Please send with application
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.