The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

HELP WITH GLASS HEEL

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Texture Developing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Redo VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Redo <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: HELP WITH GLASS HEEL Reply with quote

Hey.
I'm trying to do a glass heel on my boots, but they are only working on the outter side of the boot. On the inner side it just appears on white with no glass effect.

I have been playing around in creator, cant seem to find a solution that will help. Do you guys know what it could be, or is it simply not possible?

Example: http://prnt.sc/ec40v1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
CandyApple VIP Club Member
Moderator
CandyApple <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 20253
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you have all the correct boxes checked for that slot? If not try checking one at a time to see if it makes a difference. I want to say there is a double sided box that should be checked, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering right.

Can you link the mesh you are using?
_________________
Candy Colored Crayons < Contests, Games, and more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Redo VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Redo <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandyApple wrote:
Are you sure you have all the correct boxes checked for that slot? If not try checking one at a time to see if it makes a difference. I want to say there is a double sided box that should be checked, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering right.

Can you link the mesh you are using?


I re-checked it yes, maybe I'm just blind. haha

Here you go:

http://da.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=34402902
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ChocolateCookie 18+ Age Verified

ChocolateCookie <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Posts: 5521
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked it out and nothing I tried worked either, it actually seems like a mesh issue to me. Have you tried contacting bibirasta about the issue?
_________________
PM me a dank meme and get a free gift!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Redo VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Redo <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChocolateCookie wrote:
I checked it out and nothing I tried worked either, it actually seems like a mesh issue to me. Have you tried contacting bibirasta about the issue?


Thank God I'm not the only one! Oh well, I published them anyway. But thank you for the feedback, I might keep her updated on the detail!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Keodi

Keodi's page


Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 11319
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no issue with the mesh. The heels are made from multi planes (many layers close together) so that they can be cut to any shape. Trying to use blending with multi plane products is rarely successful.
_________________
http://www.pixelpusher.info/index.php Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Cosmic

Cosmic's page


Joined: 20 Sep 2007
Posts: 5833
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ thats a shame :/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ChocolateCookie 18+ Age Verified

ChocolateCookie <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Posts: 5521
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keodi wrote:
There is no issue with the mesh. The heels are made from multi planes (many layers close together) so that they can be cut to any shape. Trying to use blending with multi plane products is rarely successful.


That still means that the issue is with the mesh though. Especially if it behaves in such an odd way, doesn't scream quality but I think that the mesher is probably unaware of the problem. I've personally never had an issue like this with a mesh before
.

_________________
PM me a dank meme and get a free gift!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Keodi

Keodi's page


Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 11319
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChocolateCookie wrote:
Keodi wrote:
There is no issue with the mesh. The heels are made from multi planes (many layers close together) so that they can be cut to any shape. Trying to use blending with multi plane products is rarely successful.


That still means that the issue is with the mesh though. Especially if it behaves in such an odd way, doesn't scream quality but I think that the mesher is probably unaware of the problem. I've personally never had an issue like this with a mesh before
.


Anyone who has ever derived a multi plane "cut to shape" product knows you don't turn blending on. Therefore there's no issue if you understand how such products work.

If you want transparent heels then you use a suitable mesh.
_________________
http://www.pixelpusher.info/index.php Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Texture Developing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB