The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

Room mods

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Comb

Comb's page


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20
Location: French Polynesia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Room mods Reply with quote

I think rooms should have a small panel of the names on the room card of who the mods are of the rooms which would allow you to finds mods for the room easily so if somebody is bothering or trolling the room, you will be able to contact varies mods! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
GQManOfTheYear 18+ Age Verified

GQManOfTheYear <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1531
Location: USA - CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. I was thinking about this for some time.
_________________
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin (1759)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Comb

Comb's page


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20
Location: French Polynesia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GQManOfTheYear wrote:
Agree. I was thinking about this for some time.


Thank you Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Vit 18+ Age Verified

Vit <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 13 May 2010
Posts: 458
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree with your suggestion.
_________________


Vitao Store
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
GypsySoul 18+ Age Verified

GypsySoul <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 13 Jun 2010
Posts: 912
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be helpful for when the owner or a mod isnt in the room so someone could call in a mod if ones online.
_________________

Banner by Slytherix
DP by Tell

Please PM me for any pick-ups. Thank you! ♥
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Karenferndale

Karenferndale's page


Joined: 07 May 2007
Posts: 14775
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. I fully support it. The trolls won't support it though lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TheBratGirl VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

TheBratGirl <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 2441
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know I am an introvert and all, but, if this were in place, I would want it to be voluntary...not just on the room owner's part, but on the moderators' as well.

Having your name listed can be a magnet for random friend requests...especially if it's a popular room.

Also, let's say someone got booted and didn't take it well...you are now an identifiable target for them (and maybe their friends) to take their frustration out on.

Personally, what I would prefer to have is a "contact a moderator" button. A user could click the button to open a message that, when sent, will be sent to all of the room moderators (or, alternatively, those moderators designated by the room owner and the room owner themselves)...but keep the moderators' usernames anonymous.

Yep...I am aware how paranoid that sounds.

In any event: voluntary. Wink
_________________


Check out LA Trends' 2016 Winter Lookbook: click here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TonyTitan VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

TonyTitan <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 13382
Location: USA - MD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBratGirl wrote:

Also, let's say someone got booted and didn't take it well...you are now an identifiable target for them (and maybe their friends) to take their frustration out on.


When I first read the suggestion I thought of that too....but then just like the forum moderators around here, if you take on a role that gives you some authority over anothers actions.....then you'd better be able to deal with any backlash from that person and their friends which may occur.

TheBratGirl wrote:
Personally, what I would prefer to have is a "contact a moderator" button. A user could click the button to open a message that, when sent, will be sent to all of the room moderators (or, alternatively, those moderators designated by the room owner and the room owner themselves)...but keep the moderators' usernames anonymous.

Yep...I am aware how paranoid that sounds.

In any event: voluntary. Wink



I love the contact a Moderator option......but let's hope their notification comes in a more visible form then the current POS message notification center IMVU is using.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TheBratGirl VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

TheBratGirl <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 2441
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyTitan wrote:
TheBratGirl wrote:

Also, let's say someone got booted and didn't take it well...you are now an identifiable target for them (and maybe their friends) to take their frustration out on.


When I first read the suggestion I thought of that too....but then just like the forum moderators around here, if you take on a role that gives you some authority over anothers actions.....then you'd better be able to deal with any backlash from that person and their friends which may occur.


I have two issues with that train of thought.

(1) Unlike being a forum moderator, people can make me a moderator of their room without my consent. And **** can happen between being made a room mod and finding out that you've been made a room mod.

(2) It still doesn't address my other issue with it: the random adds.


TonyTitan wrote:
TheBratGirl wrote:
Personally, what I would prefer to have is a "contact a moderator" button. A user could click the button to open a message that, when sent, will be sent to all of the room moderators (or, alternatively, those moderators designated by the room owner and the room owner themselves)...but keep the moderators' usernames anonymous.

Yep...I am aware how paranoid that sounds.

In any event: voluntary. Wink



I love the contact a Moderator option......but let's hope their notification comes in a more visible form then the current POS message notification center IMVU is using.


As message notifications work the same way whether or not a user has your name or not, I don't see this as persuasive against the idea.

However, I absolutely agree with you lol (especially with that "lovely" change they're foisting on us recently).
_________________


Check out LA Trends' 2016 Winter Lookbook: click here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Chulah VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Chulah <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 672
Location: Norfolk Island

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
LuceEve 18+ Age Verified

LuceEve <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 1690
Location: USA - KY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBratGirl wrote:
Yeah, I know I am an introvert and all, but, if this were in place, I would want it to be voluntary...not just on the room owner's part, but on the moderators' as well.

Having your name listed can be a magnet for random friend requests...especially if it's a popular room.

Also, let's say someone got booted and didn't take it well...you are now an identifiable target for them (and maybe their friends) to take their frustration out on.

Personally, what I would prefer to have is a "contact a moderator" button. A user could click the button to open a message that, when sent, will be sent to all of the room moderators (or, alternatively, those moderators designated by the room owner and the room owner themselves)...but keep the moderators' usernames anonymous.

Yep...I am aware how paranoid that sounds.

In any event: voluntary. Wink


This right here sums it up. If this is something they want to do a room owner can list mods in the description.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DjAwesomeness

DjAwesomeness's page


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 713
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Room mods Reply with quote

Comb wrote:
I think rooms should have a small panel of the names on the room card of who the mods are of the rooms which would allow you to finds mods for the room easily so if somebody is bothering or trolling the room, you will be able to contact varies mods! Smile


I disagree b/c the troll as you say will make sure a mod isn't there and troll the room til one enters and poof.
_________________
STOP ADDING ME DAMNIT!!

Return to sender, Address Unknown!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DjAwesomeness

DjAwesomeness's page


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 713
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBratGirl wrote:
Having your name listed can be a magnet for random friend requests...especially if it's a popular room.

Also, let's say someone got booted and didn't take it well...you are now an identifiable target for them (and maybe their friends) to take their frustration out on.

Personally, what I would prefer to have is a "contact a moderator" button. A user could click the button to open a message that, when sent, will be sent to all of the room moderators (or, alternatively, those moderators designated by the room owner and the room owner themselves)...but keep the moderators' usernames anonymous.


Now this girl has a great Idea... I agree totally with this. I have enough stalkers stalking me w/o having my name listed as a moderator.

I don't agree it will make you a magnet for friend requests since the room info already has the stupid rediculous 'add friend button' on it. Which should be removed. no one wants those random friend requests. ppl add ya w/o even entering the room and meeting ya first!
_________________
STOP ADDING ME DAMNIT!!

Return to sender, Address Unknown!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Zedd 18+ Age Verified

Zedd <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 01 Sep 2013
Posts: 37
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBratGirl wrote:
Personally, what I would prefer to have is a "contact a moderator" button. A user could click the button to open a message that, when sent, will be sent to all of the room moderators (or, alternatively, those moderators designated by the room owner and the room owner themselves)...but keep the moderators' usernames anonymous.


I actually like this idea more than listing names. Maybe place it under the room description with a little mail icon next to it. Not so much for the anonymity part (because anyone can just enter a room, click around on names and see who's a moderator), but just because it would have a more streamlined way for moderators to address room issues.

For instance, maybe a listed moderator just doesn't come on and someone tries to message them individually, and they give no response. It'd just be a lot easier to have one button so you can contact all moderators, with a greater chance of having someone respond to your issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Maci VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Maci <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 517
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBratGirl wrote:

Personally, what I would prefer to have is a "contact a moderator" button. A user could click the button to open a message that, when sent, will be sent to all of the room moderators (or, alternatively, those moderators designated by the room owner and the room owner themselves)...but keep the moderators' usernames anonymous.


^ I agree with this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB