Is this topic still open for discussion? Would you all want a detailed list of changes/suggestions?
My top 3:
1. Form a group/committee of veteran IMVU developers, especially those that have been helpful in the forums (such as Keef), to provide feedback to the internal team responsible for the content of the creator center. Why re-invent the wheel when you have people ready and willing to help?
2. Engine or tool changes over pipeline changes. I know Segallion has expressed his desire to make the pipeline better before working on docs - and I'd agree. But before that, even, I'd suggest engine and tool improvements. A few examples:
* For seasoned developers, a fast way to upload a mesh and multiple textures could save a lot of time. (For example, the current create mode UI makes a room with 10-20 texture very cumbersome.)
* Support for billboards (planes that always face the camera)
* Even *simple* particles, along with billboards, could make for rain, snow, etc. effects
* Fix blending bugs. Multiple blended textures often cause one blended texture to just complete *not* render.
3. Tutorials. The first incarnation of a creator center had lots of tutorials for all areas - stickers, meshing, texture, etc. When the 2nd version if creator center came out, most of those tutorials went away - replaced with... samples and such. The content was there, but broken up more (no step by step tutorials). I kept waiting for those to come back but so far, nothing. If you really want to help new users through the process - better tools, better pipeline, etc. still can't beat a good walkthru (for most people).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum