The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

Further details regarding Data Breach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bo0n

bo0n's page


Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 124
Location: Japan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

xIITaylorIIx wrote:
I received a message from a well known player here, well I guess the "l" was a capital I or x was X or whatever, anyway it was to ask to vote for someone in a competition. "Knowing" this person, I clicked a ... what I consider "normal" link and it asked me to login to IMVU on the web page. It was the NORMAL IMVU web page login, nothing unusual. I thought it was weird because I only have to login if I delete ALL cookies which happens now and then, but I did and arrived at some weird page which I immediately left.

Split seconds later it dawned me and I hurried real fast to change my password .... guess I got lucky as everything looks "ok" but its scary that names and web pages are so "authentic", we barely notice! I obviously reported it IMMEDIATELY!


That happens to me months ago and sudden all my credits was gone and checked my email and messaged imvu that I didnt changed my password and the credits lost.. and then IMVU returned my credits back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Tymon 18+ Age Verified

Tymon <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 1630
Location: USA - MI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I gotta say about this is... So much for IMVU's claim of never being hacked. Guess that's no longer the case eh?
_________________
Keep your friends close... Keep your wallet, closer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
QSaratayWolfnJustice

QSaratayWolfnJustice's page


Joined: 07 May 2012
Posts: 846
Location: USA - IL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get a notice in my inbox. I understand of course all the accounts that was affected got notices understand that, but why haven't I receive a notice after the affected accounts was notified? The client have no problems sending spam credits notices, come back to creating notices and the ignoring pop up earn free credits, I just think that everyone should had been notified, at least the active accounts.
_________________

Dare To Dream..The Possibilities Are Endless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
QSaratayWolfnJustice

QSaratayWolfnJustice's page


Joined: 07 May 2012
Posts: 846
Location: USA - IL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: lol Reply with quote

bo0n wrote:
xIITaylorIIx wrote:
I received a message from a well known player here, well I guess the "l" was a capital I or x was X or whatever, anyway it was to ask to vote for someone in a competition. "Knowing" this person, I clicked a ... what I consider "normal" link and it asked me to login to IMVU on the web page. It was the NORMAL IMVU web page login, nothing unusual. I thought it was weird because I only have to login if I delete ALL cookies which happens now and then, but I did and arrived at some weird page which I immediately left.

Split seconds later it dawned me and I hurried real fast to change my password .... guess I got lucky as everything looks "ok" but its scary that names and web pages are so "authentic", we barely notice! I obviously reported it IMMEDIATELY!


That happens to me months ago and sudden all my credits was gone and checked my email and messaged imvu that I didnt changed my password and the credits lost.. and then IMVU returned my credits back.


OMG! This very thing happen to me and several other of friends I know, this person ask me to vote on their outfit and sent me a link, I didn't either think anything of it cause the person had VIP and AP and was a name I seen around before, when I put in the link the page had trouble loading then it return me to my homepage I did it several times cause I honestly calling myself to help this person out, after I went back to message the person I was auto sign out of my page when I tried to log back in, my account had been disable. I had to message IMVU on my other account and got my account back and credits I had, goes to show you, you can't judge a book by its cover, regardless if a person is vip/ap don't mean they can't be a hacker. I avoid anyone sending me links and I report it.
_________________

Dare To Dream..The Possibilities Are Endless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BraydenFinn VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

BraydenFinn <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2965
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisi4inka wrote:
dear IMVU staff, why do i keep getting the same error?

it wants 2 words but all i get are pictures of a number.
brilliant


Just ignore the 2 words part and type in whatever you see. If you see numbers, type the numbers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Varsha 18+ Age Verified

Varsha <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 11465
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisi4inka wrote:
dear IMVU staff, why do i keep getting the same error?

it wants 2 words but all i get are pictures of a number.
brilliant


Our apologies for the confusion. Please go ahead and type what you do see (numbers in your case). We will get the language fixed on that page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
criswalkerr VIP Club Member

criswalkerr <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 101
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a matter of time to happen that.......and as always we informed that from facebook.... Very Happy keep going IMVU.....congratulations Wink

and something latest: you've learned only be punished the creators they make some mistakes...and never punished yourself for the many mistakes that you have done

CRIS
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Tokyon_disabled_120593255

Tokyon_disabled_120593255's page


Joined: 22 Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Location: Antarctica

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this really helps to catch hackers..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Lisi4inka

Lisi4inka's page


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 17
Location: Bulgaria

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varsha wrote:
Lisi4inka wrote:
dear IMVU staff, why do i keep getting the same error?

it wants 2 words but all i get are pictures of a number.
brilliant


Our apologies for the confusion. Please go ahead and type what you do see (numbers in your case). We will get the language fixed on that page.


it worked this way. however the message still says "two words".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BraydenFinn VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

BraydenFinn <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2965
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been like that since forever, just enter what you see. They'll fix it in a year or two. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
AuraFae

AuraFae's page


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 93
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just want to know if it's all been sorted now and was the hacker caught and put to justice?

So basically this hacker has are real names and date of birth and passwords? which I've changed now Smile

What else does he have or she have?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BraydenFinn VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

BraydenFinn <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2965
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FairyAuraFae wrote:
just want to know if it's all been sorted now and was the hacker caught and put to justice?

So basically this hacker has are real names and date of birth and passwords? which I've changed now Smile

What else does he have or she have?


They didn't get passwords, just the password hash. Meaning they could, by brute force, break your password, but if you changed it you should be good to go.

http://www.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=viewtopic.php&t=545684&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
bo0n

bo0n's page


Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 124
Location: Japan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: lol Reply with quote

QSaratayWolfnJustice wrote:
bo0n wrote:
xIITaylorIIx wrote:
I received a message from a well known player here, well I guess the "l" was a capital I or x was X or whatever, anyway it was to ask to vote for someone in a competition. "Knowing" this person, I clicked a ... what I consider "normal" link and it asked me to login to IMVU on the web page. It was the NORMAL IMVU web page login, nothing unusual. I thought it was weird because I only have to login if I delete ALL cookies which happens now and then, but I did and arrived at some weird page which I immediately left.

Split seconds later it dawned me and I hurried real fast to change my password .... guess I got lucky as everything looks "ok" but its scary that names and web pages are so "authentic", we barely notice! I obviously reported it IMMEDIATELY!


That happens to me months ago and sudden all my credits was gone and checked my email and messaged imvu that I didnt changed my password and the credits lost.. and then IMVU returned my credits back.


OMG! This very thing happen to me and several other of friends I know, this person ask me to vote on their outfit and sent me a link, I didn't either think anything of it cause the person had VIP and AP and was a name I seen around before, when I put in the link the page had trouble loading then it return me to my homepage I did it several times cause I honestly calling myself to help this person out, after I went back to message the person I was auto sign out of my page when I tried to log back in, my account had been disable. I had to message IMVU on my other account and got my account back and credits I had, goes to show you, you can't judge a book by its cover, regardless if a person is vip/ap don't mean they can't be a hacker. I avoid anyone sending me links and I report it.



Shocked with updated Hackers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Suz1111 VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Suz1111 <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 196
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank a friend of mine who put the hacker break in info on Pulse. and wow ty about the voting for me pageant, or voting for my outfit msgs, I know now to not do them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DireWolfKing 18+ Age Verified

DireWolfKing <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 891
Location: Cyprus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't trust no one with links you don't know, scammers they are stealing accounts with vip and ap and then they use those accounts to scam more people this is they trick so you will think is a trusted person but behind of that avatar is the scammer and not the original user just becarful which links you are clicking think 100 times before do it for your safety of your accounts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB