The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

Confederate Flag - Not Okay on IMVU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xXOLDSKOOLWOLFXx 18+ Age Verified

xXOLDSKOOLWOLFXx <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 130
Location: USA - TN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Confederate Flag - Not Okay on IMVU Reply with quote

Rum4U wrote:
MaheeganSpiritWolf wrote:
Rum4U wrote:
MaheeganSpiritWolf wrote:
Exactly ..Now if it was the American flag imvu couldn say squat .. But I mean if imvu wants to break the first Amendment in the Constitution then this site wont last long an will be shut down ..becareful imvu you already have the better business bureau watching you ..but back to the matter at hand ..The First Amendment of the United States Constitution protects the right to freedom of religion and freedom of expression from government interference. See U.S. Const. amend. I. Freedom of expression consists of the rights to freedom of speech, press, assembly and to petition the government for a redress of grievances, and the implied rights of association and belief. The Supreme Court interprets the extent of the protection afforded to these rights. The First Amendment has been interpreted by the Court as applying to the entire federal government even though it is only expressly applicable to Congress. Furthermore, the Court has interpreted, the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment as protecting the rights in the First Amendment from interference by state governments.


I'd just like to point out something here that you mentioned. The First Amendment applies to the federal government, and as I'm sure you know IMVU is a private business.

The First Amendment does not apply here.




No it is not my friend ..imvu is just like second life and there.com I suggest you do your reasearch


IMVU is not like Second Life, or the former There.com

Furthermore, Second Life is also a private business.

Either way, IMVU is definitely not a part of the government so again the First Amendment does not apply.



What do you think imvu is hm? a former to there.com thanks to Wil Harvey the creator of both an a private business means In countries with public trading markets, a privately held business is generally taken to mean one whose ownership shares or interests are not publicly traded. Often, privately held companies are owned by the company founders and/or their families and heirs or by a small group of investors. And imvu is beyond that .just do the history it plainly tells
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Antithesis 18+ Age Verified

Antithesis <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 9425
Location: Seychelles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Confederate Flag - Not Okay on IMVU Reply with quote

MaheeganSpiritWolf wrote:
Rum4U wrote:


IMVU is not like Second Life, or the former There.com

Furthermore, Second Life is also a private business.

Either way, IMVU is definitely not a part of the government so again the First Amendment does not apply.



What do you think imvu is hm? a former to there.com thanks to Wil Harvey the creator of both an a private business means In countries with public trading markets, a privately held business is generally taken to mean one whose ownership shares or interests are not publicly traded. Often, privately held companies are owned by the company founders and/or their families and heirs or by a small group of investors. And imvu is beyond that .just do the history it plainly tells


Whether or not IMVU is a publicly traded company is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

IMVU chose to ban the flag and they were well within there rights to do so.

Amazon, and Walmart also banned sales of the flag, both of them are international publicly traded companies too.

(Also by "former There.com" I meant There.com is no longer around, not that it is the precursor to IMVU)
_________________
Pardon Edward Snowden and Julian Assange!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Kyun  18+ Age Verified

Kyun  <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 11
Location: Congo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXPsychoSadistXx wrote:
Since IMVU is removing one flag why not remove all flags including the American Flag as it should represent hate towards the millions of Native Americans that was unjustly slaughtered for their land for America to become what it is now. A P.O.S country that is intentionally dividing it's people into categories. The removal of one flag that is found offensive should mean the removal of all flags.


SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
GoldMinersPrincess_545978 18+ Age Verified

GoldMinersPrincess_545978 <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Location: USA - AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has this world come to I ask you....... where it's ok for EVERYONE else to fly any flag of their choosing INCLUDING the gay pride flag yet it's NOT ok to fly the confederate flag? I am so totally disgusted with this....... I am all for live and let live. Hey bad people do bad things....... it doesn't matter WHAT color or walk of life they are from! So lets say a gay black man or woman walks into a straight white church and blows them all to kingdom come........ so is Obama going to then tell outlaw the gay pride and American flag?

Think about it people....... what is going to be taken away next? Why is everyone allowing it....... what makes it ok? I just read an article about how a white student telling a non white student that he had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on bread mind you) in his lunch box was racist....... that schools are now trying to teach the students how to be "sensitive to children of color"

This is SO asinine I am just amazed by it........ so now on top of the confederate flag being bad or evil we now have young children being told that that because they have a PB&J sandwich (on bread) that they are being racist? Oh and lets not leave out how "nude" or "flesh colored bras are now racist to black women....... so lets recap.

Confederate flag RACIST, PB&J on bread RACIST, nude or flesh colored bras RACIST........ yupp makes total sense to me. So since IMVU took away the confederate flag....... does this mean that they are going to take away the PB&J avatars as well?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TheBratGirl VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

TheBratGirl <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 2441
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to point out that when Rum4U says that IMVU is a "private business" she means private as in private sector (non-government...as opposed to the public sector, which means government).

She is NOT referring to whether or not the stock/ownership of IMVU is privately held or publicly traded.
_________________


Check out LA Trends' 2016 Winter Lookbook: click here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Rosiello 18+ Age Verified

Rosiello <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Apr 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States Minor Outlying Islands

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldMinersPrincess wrote:
What has this world come to I ask you....... where it's ok for EVERYONE else to fly any flag of their choosing INCLUDING the gay pride flag yet it's NOT ok to fly the confederate flag? I am so totally disgusted with this....... I am all for live and let live. Hey bad people do bad things....... it doesn't matter WHAT color or walk of life they are from! So lets say a gay black man or woman walks into a straight white church and blows them all to kingdom come........ so is Obama going to then tell outlaw the gay pride and American flag?

Think about it people....... what is going to be taken away next? Why is everyone allowing it....... what makes it ok? I just read an article about how a white student telling a non white student that he had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on bread mind you) in his lunch box was racist....... that schools are now trying to teach the students how to be "sensitive to children of color"

This is SO asinine I am just amazed by it........ so now on top of the confederate flag being bad or evil we now have young children being told that that because they have a PB&J sandwich (on bread) that they are being racist? Oh and lets not leave out how "nude" or "flesh colored bras are now racist to black women....... so lets recap.

Confederate flag RACIST, PB&J on bread RACIST, nude or flesh colored bras RACIST........ yupp makes total sense to me. So since IMVU took away the confederate flag....... does this mean that they are going to take away the PB&J avatars as well?


Confederate states are no longer an organized sovereignty- haven't been, for well over a century now.
On that fact alone- I see no problem with ousting the flag on IMVU and in the real world.
For those of you who think that's something equal to removing the United States' flag or the flags of other existing countries.. it isn't.
Sorry.

You can dream all day that the Confederate flag never represented racism..
you are only fooling yourself. And ever using it to represent southern "pride"?
Tasteless.
Find something without notorious origins.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
GoldMinersPrincess_545978 18+ Age Verified

GoldMinersPrincess_545978 <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Location: USA - AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here maybe this will help some of the people that still view the confederate flag as bad or evil

http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/28/confederate-flag-history/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
GoldMinersPrincess_545978 18+ Age Verified

GoldMinersPrincess_545978 <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Location: USA - AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confederate states are no longer an organized sovereignty- haven't been, for well over a century now.
On that fact alone- I see no problem with ousting the flag on IMVU and in the real world.
For those of you who think that's something equal to removing the United States' flag or the flags of other existing countries.. it isn't.
Sorry.

You can dream all day that the Confederate flag never represented racism..
you are only fooling yourself. And ever using it to represent southern "pride"?
Tasteless.
Find something without notorious origins.
[/quote]




Ok so what about the gay pride flag then....... that represents no country in any way shape or form. Yet IMVU and the rest of the world says that's still ok....... what about the majority of the straight Christians that it offends? So explain how THAT'S ok yet the confederate flag is not
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Rosiello 18+ Age Verified

Rosiello <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Apr 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States Minor Outlying Islands

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldMinersPrincess wrote:
Confederate states are no longer an organized sovereignty- haven't been, for well over a century now.
On that fact alone- I see no problem with ousting the flag on IMVU and in the real world.
For those of you who think that's something equal to removing the United States' flag or the flags of other existing countries.. it isn't.
Sorry.

You can dream all day that the Confederate flag never represented racism..
you are only fooling yourself. And ever using it to represent southern "pride"?
Tasteless.
Find something without notorious origins.





GoldMinersPrincess wrote:
Ok so what about the gay pride flag then....... that represents no country in any way shape or form. Yet IMVU and the rest of the world says that's still ok....... what about the majority of the straight Christians that it offends? So explain how THAT'S ok yet the confederate flag is not


The gay pride flag is not a piece of history to the degree that the Confederate flag is, first of all. If the Confederate flag hangs anywhere- it should be in a museum, not off of someone's shoulders or out of the back of a truck.
Secondly, the gay pride flag represents tolerance, pride, and acceptance- whereas the Confederate flag truly does not. People like to blow it way out of proportion and claim that it does or has. But while groups like the K. K. K. are out parading about with it on their uniforms.. I'm not going to buy that. As morbid as it is- members murder people in cold blood because of their nationality and even religious beliefs.
I have yet to hear about a gay purposefully harming a straight person, or anything like that.
Thirdly.. homophobia is an issue much like racism is. People HAVE been killed for being gay as well as black. The gay pride flag symbolizes the victims of this hate.. rather than the oppressors. Equal but opposite issue.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Krystle VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Krystle <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 10
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an issue with this. I had several products I was selling with the confederate flag on it. I am happy to remove them from my file sales and catalog if imvu feels they are offensive or represent hate in anyway. If the flag means so much to me I can gladly fly it in my own home.

Things change and evolve over time. It's something we see all the time a flag(amongst many) that once was flown to represent the southern confederacy in a war is now being misused and turned into a symbol of evil. I'm proud of those who are educated and know the true meaning of the flag and I hope you continue to spread your knowledge were it is allowed and wont offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
coolwolfie VIP Club Member

coolwolfie <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Posts: 50
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from the UK BUTthe way I see it.. if the confederate flag goes.. there is chance there will be another civil war and many will die.. the flag is very much part of history and history SHOULD be kept and not changed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
oldfashioncountry_retired

oldfashioncountry_retired's page


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Location: USA - AL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just wrong to remove a part of history like this. THIS FLAG IS NOT HATE. NOR DOES IT REPRESENT NEGATIVE HORRIBLE THINGS. In this post that is exactly how it is labeled, you know why? Because that is what society has drilled into the people of Americas minds like their robots. Plus, this flag isn't the true confederate flag, it is the BATTLE FLAG. What it represents is the CONFEDERATE ARMY, black AND white men fighting together for what they think is right. NO the Civil War was not even fought over slavery! It was fought over money, it was fought over the industry in the north and the agriculture in the south. Just because a few idiots in this world disrespect this flags true meaning does not mean we need to remove it. You cant remove a part of history that happened over 100 years ago. So that being said, if we can celebrate gay rights on this site (which is offensive to some as well), then I believe that the southern community should also be able to celebrate their heritage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
GoldMinersPrincess_545978 18+ Age Verified

GoldMinersPrincess_545978 <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Location: USA - AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This explains it all in my opinion....

MYTH: The Confederate Battle Flag represents racism today.

FACT: The Confederate Battle Flag today finds itself in the center of much controversy and hoopla going on in several states. The cry to take this flag down is unjustified. It is very important to keep in mind that the Confederate Battle Flag was simply just that. A battle flag. It was never even a National flag, so how could it have flown over a slave nation or represented slavery or racism? This myth is continued by lack of education and ignorance. Those that vilify the Confederate Battle Flag are very confused about history and have jumped upon a bandwagon with loose wheels


Read more at http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/28/confederate-flag-history/#4jwPLYEAMQhG6uCF.99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Rosiello 18+ Age Verified

Rosiello <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Apr 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States Minor Outlying Islands

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest_oldfashioncountry wrote:
This is just wrong to remove a part of history like this. THIS FLAG IS NOT HATE. NOR DOES IT REPRESENT NEGATIVE HORRIBLE THINGS. In this post that is exactly how it is labeled, you know why? Because that is what society has drilled into the people of Americas minds like their robots. Plus, this flag isn't the true confederate flag, it is the BATTLE FLAG. What it represents is the CONFEDERATE ARMY, black AND white men fighting together for what they think is right. NO the Civil War was not even fought over slavery! It was fought over money, it was fought over the industry in the north and the agriculture in the south. Just because a few idiots in this world disrespect this flags true meaning does not mean we need to remove it. You cant remove a part of history that happened over 100 years ago. So that being said, if we can celebrate gay rights on this site (which is offensive to some as well), then I believe that the southern community should also be able to celebrate their heritage.

A.K.A.. fought for slavery. Slavery is racial. The battle flag is still associated.. and black slaves only fought for the Confederates because they were undereducated and forced to.
Gay pride is a different issue.. blah blah blah.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
rubysorrel 18+ Age Verified

rubysorrel <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Confederate Flag - Not Okay on IMVU Reply with quote

TonyTitan wrote:
Varsha wrote:
we are confident our community will support this move.



Wrong....That flag was a symbol of southern heritage long before it ever became this so called symbol of hatred.

Learn from the past, removing references regarding such unpleasantries will only cause us to repeat them over again in the future.


Does that mean we cant wear them either, because if that is so then you better get ready to pay back everyone who has confederate things including myself as i have not only fits but rooms I developed myself with flags and posters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB