The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

Release 521.0 and pre-releases 521.n
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xsilentx 18+ Age Verified

xsilentx <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 540
Location: USA - FL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have updated and haven't had any issues (so far).

also, to any of you who have tried/tested out the new feature, was it worth it?
_________________
[img:0b406ac0bchttps://i.imgur.com/ujxo8Sw.png[/img:0b406ac0bc]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Goldilocks VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Goldilocks <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 18 May 2007
Posts: 4544
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchasing a Decorator Room places two icons in Inventory: the room only icon and the room bundle icon. The room bundle icon doesn't work, but the room only icon does. If you click on the room bundle icon, it locks up and you have to leave the room in order to load another room. Also, Try It doesn't work on Decorator Rooms.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Mikanojo VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Mikanojo <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 4134
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is happening again...
getting stuck during room loading




Currently suffering with version
521.6

i did not update us to the neu prerelease since
it does not offer to do any thing about the lag.


Running IMVU in Direct3D (or trying to)

Windows 10 64-bit Home Edition
Quad Core Intel Silvermont @ 2.41GHz
4.0GB DDR3 @ 640MHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics @ 1792MB
DirectX 11
Adobe Shockwave Flash 18.0.0.209
docsis 3 cable: 50MB dn / 6MB up
Avast Antivirus Real Time Protection

_________________
Consent does not change an unhealthy abusive act
into some thing safe or sane.
Consent does not stop abuse from BEING abuse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
xXOLDSKOOLWOLFXx 18+ Age Verified

xXOLDSKOOLWOLFXx <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 130
Location: USA - TN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sending messages or gifts is Unresponsive an slow looks like I am gonna have to downgrade with the version 521.8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ElberethSilvara VIP Club Member

ElberethSilvara <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 95
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so very annoyed now, its been going on since i updated days ago. Incredible lagging, cant hear any music, not on mixes nor on radios - when i add items to a room, they come in double !!! not to mention the crashes.....had 1 year or so without issues with IMVU - but now !!!!! i have tried EVERYTHING and nothing helps :(
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Schiehallion VIP Club Member

Schiehallion <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 51
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week I've crashed several times when chatting with my hubby and the lag is getting worse. I'm not sure what's been tweaked but this is really frustrating. I've never had bad experiences like this before. Shopping isn't fun, either, because half the time nothing comes up in a search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
AlexisTaz VIP Club Member

AlexisTaz <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 1978
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElberethSilvara wrote:
Im so very annoyed now, its been going on since i updated days ago. Incredible lagging, cant hear any music, not on mixes nor on radios - when i add items to a room, they come in double !!! not to mention the crashes.....had 1 year or so without issues with IMVU - but now !!!!! i have tried EVERYTHING and nothing helps Sad


have you tried clearing you imvu cache (settings- advanced ) ?
or even try removing ALL imvu files from you PC and then reinstalling it ?
to do that is start menu -all programs - imvu - uninstall a pop u window will ask if u wish to completely uninstall click yes it will remove imvu form the computer then install it fresh, that usually fixes most issues
hope this helps
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Mikanojo VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Mikanojo <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 4134
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexisTaz wrote:
ElberethSilvara wrote:
Im so very annoyed now, its been going on since i updated days ago. Incredible lagging, cant hear any music, not on mixes nor on radios - when i add items to a room, they come in double !!! not to mention the crashes.....had 1 year or so without issues with IMVU - but now !!!!! i have tried EVERYTHING and nothing helps Sad


have you tried clearing you imvu cache (settings- advanced ) ?
or even try removing ALL imvu files from you PC and then reinstalling it ?
to do that is start menu -all programs - imvu - uninstall a pop u window will ask if u wish to completely uninstall click yes it will remove imvu form the computer then install it fresh, that usually fixes most issues
hope this helps


Please do not suggest cache clearing as a cure for fixing "most issues"?

We use CCleaner, with the C:Users/
our computer/AppData/Roaming/IMVU/HttpCache/*.* included to wipe out the cache (and all of those sub-folders IMVU added to complicate it) literally after EVERY time we visit IMVU - i can verify that it DOES clean the IMVU cache successfully each time, but it does NOT solve the lag issues OR the crashing issues OR the loading issues for us in any way.

A note, the forum for some obscure reason does not let us show backslashes in our comments, there should be backslashs in the folder address, instead of forward slashes.

_________________
Consent does not change an unhealthy abusive act
into some thing safe or sane.
Consent does not stop abuse from BEING abuse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Antithesis 18+ Age Verified

Antithesis <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 9425
Location: Seychelles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikanojo wrote:
AlexisTaz wrote:
ElberethSilvara wrote:
Im so very annoyed now, its been going on since i updated days ago. Incredible lagging, cant hear any music, not on mixes nor on radios - when i add items to a room, they come in double !!! not to mention the crashes.....had 1 year or so without issues with IMVU - but now !!!!! i have tried EVERYTHING and nothing helps Sad


have you tried clearing you imvu cache (settings- advanced ) ?
or even try removing ALL imvu files from you PC and then reinstalling it ?
to do that is start menu -all programs - imvu - uninstall a pop u window will ask if u wish to completely uninstall click yes it will remove imvu form the computer then install it fresh, that usually fixes most issues
hope this helps


Please do not suggest cache clearing as a cure for fixing "most issues"?

We use CCleaner, with the C:Users/
our computer/AppData/Roaming/IMVU/HttpCache/*.* included to wipe out the cache (and all of those sub-folders IMVU added to complicate it) literally after EVERY time we visit IMVU - i can verify that it DOES clean the IMVU cache successfully each time, but it does NOT solve the lag issues OR the crashing issues OR the loading issues for us in any way.

A note, the forum for some obscure reason does not let us show backslashes in our comments, there should be backslashs in the folder address, instead of forward slashes.


Not everyone experiences the same lag that you do though. I rarely clean out my cache or do a fresh install of IMVU, yet when I log on I hardly ever lag.
_________________
Pardon Edward Snowden and Julian Assange!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
AlexisTaz VIP Club Member

AlexisTaz <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 1978
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rum4U wrote:

Not everyone experiences the same lag that you do though. I rarely clean out my cache or do a fresh install of IMVU, yet when I log on I hardly ever lag.


same here i never lag unless some one has KBS over 2500 and the room is large in kbs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Mikanojo VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Mikanojo <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 4134
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rum4U wrote:

Not everyone experiences the same lag that you do though. I rarely clean out my cache or do a fresh install of IMVU, yet when I log on I hardly ever lag.


That is true, there is just 4 or 5 people in this thread that are still complaining about the horrible lag - i am one of them. When we had a 32 bit system, IMVU ran faster - when we had Windows 7, IMVU ran faster, but after changing to the 64 bit Windows 8.1 and now 64 bit Windows 10, the lag was appearing regularly - and then with the 500 series it became seriously horrible. Some people have much bigger hardware than we do, but 4 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 1.8GB graphics card should be far more than necessary - in fact IMVU ran better for us when we only had 1GB of DDR2 with Windows XP 7 years ago ( o_0 )

But recognize that the majority of IMVU users never find the forums, and never post in them. We cannot excuse or diminish an issue just because you or i might not be experiencing it personally.

IMVU is a mess, with code still left over from when it was trying to compete with Skype as an instant messenger platform - if you ever wondered why IMVU wants to start with Windows just like Skype, does not shut down with the X just like Skype, stays resident even after being shut down and offers to restart just like Skype, literally requiring 3 separate commands to shut off just like Skype- it is all left over from the days that the IM in IMVU stood for Instant Messenger - back before they decided to officially declare that IMVU does not mean any thing, back before there were public rooms, when the client was a thin blue and white instant messenger panel on the right side of your screen and your chats were all in separate windows... just like Skype was then.

So even though our OS and system have only been improving over the last 7 years, IMVU performance has actually been worse for us overall.
_________________
Consent does not change an unhealthy abusive act
into some thing safe or sane.
Consent does not stop abuse from BEING abuse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
XoRAYNEoX VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

XoRAYNEoX <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 45
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldilocks wrote:
Purchasing a Decorator Room places two icons in Inventory: the room only icon and the room bundle icon. The room bundle icon doesn't work, but the room only icon does. If you click on the room bundle icon, it locks up and you have to leave the room in order to load another room. Also, Try It doesn't work on Decorator Rooms.




true...and the room isnt loading furnished so back to regular furnishing for me :/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
IsukiyomiSue VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

IsukiyomiSue <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 1612
Location: USA - NV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikanojo wrote:
Rum4U wrote:

Not everyone experiences the same lag that you do though. I rarely clean out my cache or do a fresh install of IMVU, yet when I log on I hardly ever lag.


That is true, there is just 4 or 5 people in this thread that are still complaining about the horrible lag - i am one of them. When we had a 32 bit system, IMVU ran faster - when we had Windows 7, IMVU ran faster, but after changing to the 64 bit Windows 8.1 and now 64 bit Windows 10, the lag was appearing regularly - and then with the 500 series it became seriously horrible. Some people have much bigger hardware than we do, but 4 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 1.8GB graphics card should be far more than necessary - in fact IMVU ran better for us when we only had 1GB of DDR2 with Windows XP 7 years ago ( o_0 )

But recognize that the majority of IMVU users never find the forums, and never post in them. We cannot excuse or diminish an issue just because you or i might not be experiencing it personally.


IMVU is a mess, with code still left over from when it was trying to compete with Skype as an instant messenger platform - if you ever wondered why IMVU wants to start with Windows just like Skype, does not shut down with the X just like Skype, stays resident even after being shut down and offers to restart just like Skype, literally requiring 3 separate commands to shut off just like Skype- it is all left over from the days that the IM in IMVU stood for Instant Messenger - back before they decided to officially declare that IMVU does not mean any thing, back before there were public rooms, when the client was a thin blue and white instant messenger panel on the right side of your screen and your chats were all in separate windows... just like Skype was then.

So even though our OS and system have only been improving over the last 7 years, IMVU performance has actually been worse for us overall.



This.

I also have lag problems, have stated so before and join in the chorus to get this issue fixed once and for all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ElberethSilvara VIP Club Member

ElberethSilvara <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 95
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I have cleared cache and un- and re-installed IMVU.
But this lagging etc is the worst i have experienced while I have been on IMVU - I hate most, that I cant hear any music at all.
All other programs on my lappy works without any problems.
I have gone back to earlier versions too - but the problems followed.....so I dont know what more I can do - just wait I guess..............
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
FendiDavies VIP Club Member

FendiDavies <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 20 Sep 2011
Posts: 161
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikanojo wrote:


But recognize that the majority of IMVU users never find the forums, and never post in them. We cannot excuse or diminish an issue just because you or i might not be experiencing it personally.


Couldn't agree more.
Getting tired of asking for help or reporting issues when it's always same - check your net, clear cache, re-install client...
Client has had a LOT of issues in last couple months and lag is increasing, some users are experiencing them all, some users just some - but fact is things are worse than ever.
Releasing new client versions that add features and don't address real issues at all is just waste of time in my opinion.
At the moment Im talking to hubby more through messages than on client even tho we are in same room because chat is not going through but yes please... add furnished rooms to shop, that will help : x


But back to thread's topic:
Ver. 521.8 - clicking on decorated rooms in shop doesn't do anything for me, neither room or furn is loading.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB