The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

Discussion # 8: Creators earning money directly from IMVU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 101, 102, 103  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DJNikki VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

DJNikki <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 2737
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polystyrene wrote:
NikkiHart01 wrote:
Whims wrote:
The difference is verification is not needed UNTIL you're ready to cash out.

Nobody said anything about prioritizing in order of highest earners...merely if you're able to cash out or not.


That is prioritizing by earning potentials. Those who just applied and got verified in 24 hours or a couple days compared to those who are still waiting shows this to be the case. Highest earners are the ones able to cash out on the 22nd and they are the ones being prioritized atm. And I am sorry but verification is started to earn in the first place. True you cannot cash out till you hit the minimum $50 and you earn in the meantime but, those who are being processed and finalized first are indeed those who earn more.

Not true. As soon as you change your account settings to cash you start earning cash. Verification is only needed to cash out.


you miss understood what I said. You choose cash then verify in order to get paid. Anyone (I would think) would be choosing cash then verifying in order to eventually cash out, regardless of how fast they earn. As a temp means of making sure those who have already earned enough to cash out on the 22 can, this is fine for IMVU to bump those people over the ones who have not earned enough by then. BUT as a normal thing after this point, no. It needs to be done in order of submission not how much you earned to date and Varsha has clarified that this is a temp thing of bumping people up (for about 2 weeks) while they get caught up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DJNikki VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

DJNikki <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 2737
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Varsha and the mods have deserted us Crying or Very sad


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
WaYaSkyEyes VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

WaYaSkyEyes <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 2450
Location: USA - KY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiHart01 wrote:
Polystyrene wrote:
NikkiHart01 wrote:
Whims wrote:
The difference is verification is not needed UNTIL you're ready to cash out.

Nobody said anything about prioritizing in order of highest earners...merely if you're able to cash out or not.


That is prioritizing by earning potentials. Those who just applied and got verified in 24 hours or a couple days compared to those who are still waiting shows this to be the case. Highest earners are the ones able to cash out on the 22nd and they are the ones being prioritized atm. And I am sorry but verification is started to earn in the first place. True you cannot cash out till you hit the minimum $50 and you earn in the meantime but, those who are being processed and finalized first are indeed those who earn more.

Not true. As soon as you change your account settings to cash you start earning cash. Verification is only needed to cash out.


you miss understood what I said. You choose cash then verify in order to get paid. Anyone (I would think) would be choosing cash then verifying in order to eventually cash out, regardless of how fast they earn. As a temp means of making sure those who have already earned enough to cash out on the 22 can, this is fine for IMVU to bump those people over the ones who have not earned enough by then. BUT as a normal thing after this point, no. It needs to be done in order of submission not how much you earned to date and Varsha has clarified that this is a temp thing of bumping people up (for about 2 weeks) while they get caught up.



,....they have 90 days for you to get your verification in order there will be a lot of people bumped ahead if their process goes smooth without a wait ..and its fair to do so ,..if i'm number 1000 and all my info is correct i shouldnt have to wait until number 50 takes 90 days to get everything in , some will just go faster through process than others
_________________



~waya~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
DJNikki VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

DJNikki <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 2737
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaYaSkyEyes wrote:
NikkiHart01 wrote:
Polystyrene wrote:
NikkiHart01 wrote:
Whims wrote:
The difference is verification is not needed UNTIL you're ready to cash out.

Nobody said anything about prioritizing in order of highest earners...merely if you're able to cash out or not.


That is prioritizing by earning potentials. Those who just applied and got verified in 24 hours or a couple days compared to those who are still waiting shows this to be the case. Highest earners are the ones able to cash out on the 22nd and they are the ones being prioritized atm. And I am sorry but verification is started to earn in the first place. True you cannot cash out till you hit the minimum $50 and you earn in the meantime but, those who are being processed and finalized first are indeed those who earn more.

Not true. As soon as you change your account settings to cash you start earning cash. Verification is only needed to cash out.


you miss understood what I said. You choose cash then verify in order to get paid. Anyone (I would think) would be choosing cash then verifying in order to eventually cash out, regardless of how fast they earn. As a temp means of making sure those who have already earned enough to cash out on the 22 can, this is fine for IMVU to bump those people over the ones who have not earned enough by then. BUT as a normal thing after this point, no. It needs to be done in order of submission not how much you earned to date and Varsha has clarified that this is a temp thing of bumping people up (for about 2 weeks) while they get caught up.



,....they have 90 days for you to get your verification in order there will be a lot of people bumped ahead if their process goes smooth without a wait ..and its fair to do so ,..if i'm number 1000 and all my info is correct i shouldnt have to wait until number 50 takes 90 days to get everything in , some will just go faster through process than others


Agreed but I am referring to those who have all their information in and have been waiting from the start and still waiting while others are bumped. As I said, I have no issue with it temp to get caught up and those who can cash out on the 22nd and need to can. But going forward, it should be that if you have all your information in then it should be processed in order. AND as I have said Varsha has confirmed that this bumping up is temp to get caught up and should last about 2 weeks.

Now, if you all don't mind, I am done with this issue as it was resolved and my questions answered and I am quite tired of repeating myself on the matter. If people (general people) would read everything that was said from the point of my question to the verification by Varsha instead of picking out and quoting what they like I would not have to keep repeating myself.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Sylaraia 18+ Age Verified

Sylaraia <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 3214
Location: USA - WY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polystyrene wrote:
InamorataSylaraia wrote:
MisterWhite wrote:
I just have to say...

It is so incredibly interesting that people Always complaint about IMVU being the money wolves and now this is all about credits or cash and becomes the longest ever topic on IMVU...

I guess that definitly says more about the devs here complaining...than it ever never said about IMVU.

This is pukeable...very childish...and shows exactly who I will derive from and who not.

It's...very very interesting and very very directive...



Oh, yeah, its pukish when working class people have their finances thrown into chaos and are wondering if their house payments, car payments, rent, doctor's bills, children's needs and loan payments have all just been jeopardized. A lot of people earn money to supplement their income in here and have legitimate concerns when IMVU does its usual half-(bleep)ed job of things. You nailed us. We're the 1 percenters, thinking of only how to line our pockets.

I have certainly felt pukish this past week from all the stress.



Aww. Go have a snuggle with Willie and Basil, Poly. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TheBratGirl VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

TheBratGirl <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 2441
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InamorataSylaraia wrote:
Sorry if this was answered, but I don't feel like wading through a hundred pages to find the answer:

I assume this new derivation fee option STILL takes into account developer tokens?

And, can't we have the option of getting cash while using credits for developing? Maybe some people will be keeping a buffer of credits for purchases and developing while earning cash? Hmmm? Could this beeeee-eeee?



angellee731 wrote:
As far as I can tell on my account I have a buffer in credits just for deving....I am set to Money.......I didnt pay attention to where the fees were being deducted from I shall pay attention to it now

OK updated:
I just submitted a sticker. The fees were in fact taken from my "credits" not my money balance




ALL fees creators pay to derive/submit to the catty are paid the same way they always have been: in credits and/or dev tokens.

When this change was first rolled out creators were only being paid for their derives in credits (whether they had elected to receive cash or not). Now, they will be PAID for their derives based on whether or not they have elected to receive credits or cash.

We still, however PAY those fees in credits/dev tokens.
_________________


Check out LA Trends' 2016 Winter Lookbook: click here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Polystyrene VIP Club Member

Polystyrene <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 24952
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yep I have been paying tax on my income since I was earning above the tax free threshold. So don't go making assumptions thanks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
HunnyHer VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

HunnyHer <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 920
Location: USA - LA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polystyrene wrote:
And yep I have been paying tax on my income since I was earning above the tax free threshold. So don't go making assumptions thanks.


Same! Not all of us worked the sytems when it could be worked!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DJNikki VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

DJNikki <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 2737
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polystyrene wrote:
And yep I have been paying tax on my income since I was earning above the tax free threshold. So don't go making assumptions thanks.


Actually, you and I few others in this discussion have done a lot to help me and others understand this more. Thank you (and them) for sharing your information as to how it works (seeing how you pay already and know more about it). It will go a long way to making the transition easier for me when/if I do verify at some point even though I have not earned enough to sell credits in the past and taxes were never an issue from that. Cool Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Polystyrene VIP Club Member

Polystyrene <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 24952
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiHart01 wrote:
Polystyrene wrote:
And yep I have been paying tax on my income since I was earning above the tax free threshold. So don't go making assumptions thanks.


Actually, you and I few others in this discussion have done a lot to help me and others understand this more. Thank you (and them) for sharing your information as to how it works (seeing how you pay already and know more about it). It will go a long way to making the transition easier for me when/if I do verify at some point even though I have not earned enough to sell credits in the past and taxes were never an issue from that. Cool Cool

You are welcome, and thanks for your comment Smile It's not actually as scary as it all seems lol.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Saffire

Saffire's page


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 4688
Location: Singapore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InfamousAshTuesday wrote:
Saffire, I'd try another browser and see if you are having the same issue/issues. Then you will know if it's browser-related or not. I notice a lot of my browsers get weird glitches in them sometimes that come and go like the ones you are describing. But another browser will not have it. So think you may be having a browser-related issue.


Yeah that's the weirdest part about it all that it just comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. I forgot to mention my badge panel under account settings is another one that acts up. But I was wondering if there was a specific reason why certain things are broken, other than the browser. I'll go try out chrome or something T_T Thanks~ But if anyone has an idea of how to fix it other than switching browsers that would be great.
_________________

♥My Group♥
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DJNikki VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

DJNikki <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 2737
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polystyrene wrote:
NikkiHart01 wrote:
Polystyrene wrote:
And yep I have been paying tax on my income since I was earning above the tax free threshold. So don't go making assumptions thanks.


Actually, you and I few others in this discussion have done a lot to help me and others understand this more. Thank you (and them) for sharing your information as to how it works (seeing how you pay already and know more about it). It will go a long way to making the transition easier for me when/if I do verify at some point even though I have not earned enough to sell credits in the past and taxes were never an issue from that. Cool Cool

You are welcome, and thanks for your comment Smile It's not actually as scary as it all seems lol.


My circumstances are just different because of disability. I am waiting for word back from my case worker to find out how it may effect me if at all. Taking a bit as even explaining this was hard and it is all new to them as well. That is why I have not verified yet.

And you are most welcome. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
MisterWhite VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

MisterWhite <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 344
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol still love you all though...

But did I ever use IMVU as a second income...

Answer to that is no...never traded one single credit in my IMVU life time.

Being a business human so to say...means knowing that every credit you trade..is a direct devaluation of the value in the first place.

lol


Last edited by MisterWhite VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Polystyrene VIP Club Member

Polystyrene <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 24952
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saffire wrote:
InfamousAshTuesday wrote:
Saffire, I'd try another browser and see if you are having the same issue/issues. Then you will know if it's browser-related or not. I notice a lot of my browsers get weird glitches in them sometimes that come and go like the ones you are describing. But another browser will not have it. So think you may be having a browser-related issue.


Yeah that's the weirdest part about it all that it just comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. I forgot to mention my badge panel under account settings is another one that acts up. But I was wondering if there was a specific reason why certain things are broken, other than the browser. I'll go try out chrome or something T_T Thanks~ But if anyone has an idea of how to fix it other than switching browsers that would be great.

Not that you always get a worthwhile response....but have you tried a help ticket? Make sure you tell them you have tried different browsers, cleared cache etc etc because those are probably the first things they will tell you to do. Save yourself an extra reply lol.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Saffire

Saffire's page


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 4688
Location: Singapore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polystyrene wrote:
Saffire wrote:
InfamousAshTuesday wrote:
Saffire, I'd try another browser and see if you are having the same issue/issues. Then you will know if it's browser-related or not. I notice a lot of my browsers get weird glitches in them sometimes that come and go like the ones you are describing. But another browser will not have it. So think you may be having a browser-related issue.


Yeah that's the weirdest part about it all that it just comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. I forgot to mention my badge panel under account settings is another one that acts up. But I was wondering if there was a specific reason why certain things are broken, other than the browser. I'll go try out chrome or something T_T Thanks~ But if anyone has an idea of how to fix it other than switching browsers that would be great.

Not that you always get a worthwhile response....but have you tried a help ticket? Make sure you tell them you have tried different browsers, cleared cache etc etc because those are probably the first things they will tell you to do. Save yourself an extra reply lol.


I think I have tried in the past but got some junk response that didn't help one bit so I decided to live with it. Until it started affecting my cash earnings page too D: I just tried chrome and no go, still seeing all the bugs. However it does seem to work in Internet Explorer... Is it that IMVU was made to be compatible with IE? However, I thought IE was gonna get chucked soon?
_________________

♥My Group♥


Last edited by Saffire on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 102 of 103

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB