The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

MAC Computer Systems Issues & Bugs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Issues and Bug Reporting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LestatDeLioncourt VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

LestatDeLioncourt <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Posts: 11207
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: MAC Computer Systems Issues & Bugs Reply with quote

-
As the older "Mac Announcement Forums" have been retired (no new posts), all new issues dealing with Mac Computers should be posted here.

This is the new "Sticky" for Mac Computer Owners to post their "Bugs and Issues". Mac users are an important part of our community and the questions and answers needed are more specialized, thus a special place.

Many people who are avid Mac and IMVU users will be able to find and help others in this forum post, easily. As in all the IMVU Forums, this one is IMVU users helping IMVU users. As time goes on, I hope we can muster many who are willing to help other users and share their Mac skills.

Please use the older link (provided) for any reference and study, as needed.

Future FAQs, etc. may be posted here in this space.
_________________
-
Planning new things for the Child Scaled Avatars?
Now is the time to see<Click Here> (New Derivables)




Last edited by LestatDeLioncourt VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
xLadyDub

xLadyDub's page


Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 1162
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I cannot quote the issue I am still having with outfits that is within the old thread.

The client completely shuts down whenever I click the bin.

Does anyone else have issues with outfit folder deletion? I have far too many out folders now because I am still waiting for this issue to be fixed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BitsyBlossom 18+ Age Verified

BitsyBlossom <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 494
Location: Ireland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have problem downloading Mac and this what it came up on my screen "IMVU" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. how do i fixed this. it bad enough i has a crap day and now this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Kitters

Kitters's page


Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1763
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaceBovvered wrote:
Unfortunately I cannot quote the issue I am still having with outfits that is within the old thread.

The client completely shuts down whenever I click the bin.

Does anyone else have issues with outfit folder deletion? I have far too many out folders now because I am still waiting for this issue to be fixed.


I have this problem too, when deleting a folder of outfits the client crashes. Also freezes when trying to clear the cache! Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Tyidaku 18+ Age Verified

Tyidaku <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitsyBlossom wrote:
I have problem downloading Mac and this what it came up on my screen "IMVU" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. how do i fixed this. it bad enough i has a crap day and now this


For any MacBook users who are currently experiencing this problem:
Just follow the steps and it should come back up. Make sure to click "Control," or you're going to be having the same mishap, believe me, I tried.


Last edited by Tyidaku 18+ Age Verified on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Sodacycle 18+ Age Verified

Sodacycle <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Posts: 259
Location: USA - KY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this;

"OS X Mavericks: Open an app from an unidentified developer"

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369

To override your security settings and open the app anyway:

1) In the Finder, locate the app you want to open.

2) Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
3) Press the Control key, then click the app icon.
4) Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
5) Click Open.

6) The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you will be able to open it in the future by double-clicking it, just like any registered app.
_________________
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1607 (Insider Build: 14965)
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 Core 3.99GHz
RAM: 12GB DDR3 1866MHz
GPU: ASUS R9290-DC2OC 4GB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Tyidaku 18+ Age Verified

Tyidaku <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Location: USA - TX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sodacycle wrote:
Try this;

"OS X Mavericks: Open an app from an unidentified developer"

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369

To override your security settings and open the app anyway:

1) In the Finder, locate the app you want to open.

2) Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
3) Press the Control key, then click the app icon.
4) Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
5) Click Open.

6) The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you will be able to open it in the future by double-clicking it, just like any registered app.


I literally just found that moments before you posted your response, but thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Inphinite 18+ Age Verified

Inphinite <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Location: Egypt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyidaku wrote:
Sodacycle wrote:
Try this;

"OS X Mavericks: Open an app from an unidentified developer"

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369

To override your security settings and open the app anyway:

1) In the Finder, locate the app you want to open.

2) Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
3) Press the Control key, then click the app icon.
4) Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
5) Click Open.

6) The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you will be able to open it in the future by double-clicking it, just like any registered app.


I literally just found that moments before you posted your response, but thanks.



I'm still having this problem, despite doing this..

EDIT;

Nevermind, it magically opened while I wasn't paying attention.
Thank you both!
_________________
To inphinity and beyond
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Tsvchi VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Tsvchi <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 67
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else having trouble loading into a room on Mac? It shows I'm in the room but the room is completely empty no other Avi's. Even though their there..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
LestatDeLioncourt VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

LestatDeLioncourt <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Posts: 11207
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaceBovvered wrote:
Unfortunately I cannot quote the issue I am still having with outfits that is within the old thread. The client completely shuts down whenever I click the bin. Does anyone else have issues with outfit folder deletion? I have far too many out folders now because I am still waiting for this issue to be fixed.

As a work around, have a look at the OutFits Management Page HERE:

Tsvchi wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble loading into a room on Mac? It shows I'm in the room but the room is completely empty no other Avi's. Even though their there..


The only time I see this is if I crash, then hurriedly go back into the same room. If I wait a bit, then slowly go back into the room, everything seems to work okay. Maybe give more time (few seconds) to let the Chat Client "Catch Up" and then enter a room.
_________________
-
Planning new things for the Child Scaled Avatars?
Now is the time to see<Click Here> (New Derivables)


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ChloeQQ VIP Club Member

ChloeQQ <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 36
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the new autofill for avi names feature work on Mac? I cant seem to make it work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Varsha 18+ Age Verified

Varsha <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 11465
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChloeQQ wrote:
Does the new autofill for avi names feature work on Mac? I cant seem to make it work.


Are you still experiencing this issue with 508.2.

Also please make sure you have not turned off Auto-complete feature in Settings option and also let us know if you are seeing the undo/redo feature in dress up on 508.2.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Jahzera VIP Club Member

Jahzera <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Posts: 151
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

music playlist doesn't show or play Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
xLadyDub

xLadyDub's page


Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 1162
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LestatDeLioncourt wrote:
FaceBovvered wrote:
Unfortunately I cannot quote the issue I am still having with outfits that is within the old thread. The client completely shuts down whenever I click the bin. Does anyone else have issues with outfit folder deletion? I have far too many out folders now because I am still waiting for this issue to be fixed.

As a work around, have a look at the OutFits Management Page HERE:


I have too many outfits to delete individually. I have 50+ in each folder and around 13 folders.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Viktorija 18+ Age Verified

Viktorija <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 26
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to uninstall it completely??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IMVU Forum Index -> Issues and Bug Reporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB