Can't Delete or Remove Furniture in my Room
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Issues and Bug Reporting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PrincessZelda64x

PrincessZelda64x's page


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 124
Location: USA - WA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Can't Delete or Remove Furniture in my Room Reply with quote

I've been trying to move some of my current furniture in my room, and for some reason it won't work. I tried clicking on the tools option and then the delete option. When I went to highlight the piece of furniture, it wouldn't work properly somehow. Any suggrestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
LordRiccardo 18+ Age Verified

LordRiccardo <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 15952
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you lock down the furniture and forget that you had done so.
_________________

“We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Karenferndale VIP Club Member

Karenferndale <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 07 May 2007
Posts: 12434
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to delete furniture in a locked room? If not locked room, you could try deleting furniture this way.

1. Right click on room and click see all products in room.
2. Click on the icon of the product you want to delete. The product info page for that furniture will come up.
3. In the browser bar, you will see the url for that product page. At the end of the url is a number. That is the product number for that furniture.
4. Use Ctrl C to copy that number.
5. Now type exactly like that *remove (and paste whatever the product number is).
6. Example *remove 657489
7. Press return.

That should delete all furniture in your room with that product number. You can repeat the steps for any other furniture.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
PrincessZelda64x

PrincessZelda64x's page


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 124
Location: USA - WA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karenferndale wrote:
Are you trying to delete furniture in a locked room? If not locked room, you could try deleting furniture this way.

1. Right click on room and click see all products in room.
2. Click on the icon of the product you want to delete. The product info page for that furniture will come up.
3. In the browser bar, you will see the url for that product page. At the end of the url is a number. That is the product number for that furniture.
4. Use Ctrl C to copy that number.
5. Now type exactly like that *remove (and paste whatever the product number is).
6. Example *remove 657489
7. Press return.

That should delete all furniture in your room with that product number. You can repeat the steps for any other furniture.

Wait, where do I paste the *remove part in the url? Could you please show me what the url should look like once I add the *remove part? I'm a bit confused.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
PrincessZelda64x

PrincessZelda64x's page


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 124
Location: USA - WA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordRiccardo wrote:
Did you lock down the furniture and forget that you had done so.

No, I didn't lock the furniture or forget. It just doesn't want to cooperate no matter what I try. I think it's some sort of glitch, but I'm honestly not sure. I still can't remove the furniture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
sanchezxo

sanchezxo's page


Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Location: France

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessZelda64x wrote:
LordRiccardo wrote:
Did you lock down the furniture and forget that you had done so.

No, I didn't lock the furniture or forget. It just doesn't want to cooperate no matter what I try. I think it's some sort of glitch, but I'm honestly not sure. I still can't remove the furniture.


yes i know it doesnt work liike uugh ! i tried everything and no it still doesnt work!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
PrincessZelda64x

PrincessZelda64x's page


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 124
Location: USA - WA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchezxo wrote:
PrincessZelda64x wrote:
LordRiccardo wrote:
Did you lock down the furniture and forget that you had done so.

No, I didn't lock the furniture or forget. It just doesn't want to cooperate no matter what I try. I think it's some sort of glitch, but I'm honestly not sure. I still can't remove the furniture.


yes i know it doesnt work liike uugh ! i tried everything and no it still doesnt work!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

You too? Gosh, it must be affecting at least some other people as well. IMVU seriously needs to look into this so we can edit our rooms the right way once again, hopefully soon. Does anyone else have a possible suggestion that might work?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Auntiepjl VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified
Moderator
Auntiepjl <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 31811
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type *remove and the product PID as suggested.
You type it into the messenger.

If that doesn't remove the item, try clearing the cache. the temp file may have corrupted.

_________________

Kudos to GAF! Very Happy
On Mod leave for now due to family bereavement. Please contact someone else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
PrincessZelda64x

PrincessZelda64x's page


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 124
Location: USA - WA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auntiepjl wrote:
Type *remove and the product PID as suggested.
You type it into the messenger.

If that doesn't remove the item, try clearing the cache. the temp file may have corrupted.

Thank you very much for your help, I greatly appreciate it! I tried what you suggested and it worked! Thank you to all who helped me out! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
maximoscinereous

maximoscinereous's page


Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Location: Syrian Arab Republic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's much easier than this! Simply there's a small hammer icon on the top left corner of your house. Just click on it and you'll get all options of modifying your furniture (move, rotate, delete, ...etc).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TonyTitan VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

TonyTitan <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11458
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maximoscinereous wrote:
It's much easier than this! Simply there's a small hammer icon on the top left corner of your house. Just click on it and you'll get all options of modifying your furniture (move, rotate, delete, ...etc).



Max...read her first post again...She TRIED that option and it didn't work. Wink
_________________


Lowest Functioning Client Topic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest_xXSnOoKzXx

Guest_xXSnOoKzXx's page


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Location: USA - FL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mann i tried is but it kept on not deleting it!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Oath24

Oath24's page


Joined: 30 Nov 2008
Posts: 5
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run into the same problem :/ Tried putting *remove(productID) but that didn't work. How do I clear the cache? Since that appears to have worked for the other lady.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
CandyApple VIP Club Member
Moderator
CandyApple <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 13992
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oath24 wrote:
I've run into the same problem :/ Tried putting *remove(productID) but that didn't work. How do I clear the cache? Since that appears to have worked for the other lady.


Are you sure you are typing in the right product id??

To clear cache using IMVU go into your settings panel in the client at the bottom of the screen you should find a clear cache link. Click it and wait. This some times freezes some comps. for a couple of minutes but just leave it be and it should work. After you clear cache sign out and then back in.
_________________
CandyApple or PoisonApple, Which would you choose?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
silkymask 18+ Age Verified

silkymask <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had trouble removing furniture with *remove and the product ID so I played with it for a bit trying various ways of typing *remove and product ID into the messenger. I found that *remove space then type product ID then enter it in to the messenger seemed to work for me. Hope that helps some of you. Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   


Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Issues and Bug Reporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB