Solution to IMVU crashes upon startup on Windows Vista
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Issues and Bug Reporting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Solution to IMVU crashes upon startup on Windows Vista Reply with quote

Try this at your own risk!
Works on mine and my best friend's computers Wink
I AM NOT SURE IF THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ANYWHERE ELSE IN THIS FORUM, but o well, I'll just post it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first, My Vista computer crashed on all versions except 382.0, but after this fix, i tried it with 394.4 and 394.0, which would crash occasionally. But after some testing, 393.8 works best after this fix, there are no crashes and you can have the best performance and display settings on ur IMVU client! (Unless you open millions of windows, of course xD)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just tried out a new way recommended by others for other games to prevent instant game/client crashes, and it works for mine! I'm having Windows Vista Home Premium! xD
I'm had version 382.0, but now I'm having 393.8! Please try it out, it may work! Before I did it, the new client simply crashed upon start-up, but now it doesn't! BUT, it may crash later! (With versions 394.0 or 394.4) But it doesn't crash upon start-up. Crashes occasionally. like, when you load too much stuff.
-------------------------------------Solution---------------------------------------
To all vista users:

Go to this screen, which is located at
'Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System'
And select 'Advanced System Settings'
Image here! CLICK!

Then, when you're at 'Advanced System Settings', select the 'Advanced' tab, then select 'Settings' under 'Performance' xD
Image here! CLICK!

Under the new window 'Performance Options', Select the 'Data Execution Prevention' tab. click on 'Add. . .', if 'IMVUClient' is not in your list.
Image here! CLICK!
Image here! CLICK!
Select your IMVU folder, then type 'IMVUClient' in 'File name', and make sure that 'Executable Files' is selected in your drop-down menu for 'Files of Type'. Then click 'Open'

Click 'Apply', then click 'OK'
------------------------------------Results----------------------------------------
These are the results of my tests on the clients:
Click to download!

Client versions without any crashes:

Client versions on which it crashes when you load too many items:

Tip:
If you don't want your new clients to crash when you load too many items, you can always Select 'Settings' in your IMVU client and reduce the target frame rate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do tell me what versions urs crash on, I'm testing other versions right now also! Do tell me so that this guide can be more accurate! I will update this once more comments are added Wink
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This solution probably will work for other applications also! You will be able to see 'Maplestory' and 'Gunz' in the screenshot. Both applications and IMVU had constant crashes until the recommended solution was applied! So, if you have the same problems with other games, you can try this solution too! xD

Last edited by Lolitain on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 11 times in total
Asgoth

Asgoth's page

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lolitan for this important information. I am sending my friend this link anf with any luck it may just help him out.

Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asgoth wrote:
Thank you Lolitan for this important information. I am sending my friend this link anf with any luck it may just help him out.

lols np. But, I have bad news! I crashed when i put on like the seventh item on both 394.4 and 394.0, so now I'm off to test other versions. However, the client does not crash upon start-up liek it used to, so i think I'm heading in the right direction to solve this problem. xD
Asgoth

Asgoth's page

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolitain wrote:
Asgoth wrote:

lols np. But, I have bad news! I crashed when i put on like the seventh item on both 394.4 and 394.0, so now I'm off to test other versions. However, the client does not crash upon start-up liek it used to, so i think I'm heading in the right direction to solve this problem. xD

he doesn't generally change his outfit anyways lol.

Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asgoth wrote:
Lolitain wrote:
Asgoth wrote:

lols that would be good then. hahas. I couldn't post this elsewhere... so this thread may be in the wrong section. hahas

Last edited by Lolitain on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Asgoth

Asgoth's page

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolitain wrote:
Asgoth wrote:
Lolitain wrote:
Asgoth wrote:

lols taht would be good then. hahas. I couldn't post this elsewhere... so this thread may be in the wrong section. hahas

No i believe this is the right one. As fas as I know only "administrators" (IMVU Staff) can post int eh latest news thread.

Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide has been updated! Now confirmed that 392.0 & 393.8 will not crash after fixes.
Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links are added to the guide, you don't have to go round searching for the clients! Cool
georgiejo

georgiejo's page

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good info, so... bump...

Georgie
DivaMorgan

DivaMorgan's page

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!! I'm so happy Very Happy I couldn't sign in on the messenger for days!! I wuv you!! Laughing *dances around*
Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.. some ppl aren't seeing this..
Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DivaMorgan wrote:
Thank you!!! I'm so happy Very Happy I couldn't sign in on the messenger for days!! I wuv you!! Laughing *dances around*

np ^^
Lolitain

Lolitain's page

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for a friend Smile
Datguttagurlkeke_disabled

Datguttagurlkeke_disabled's page

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well them downloads arent working for me, it says something about a failed hardrive or sumthin

~keke~
kittynymph

kittynymph's page

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry hun but this isn't working for me Sad

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Issues and Bug Reporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums: