Naked Avis everywhere
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Miscellany - IMVU Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thommie

Thommie's page


Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Posts: 1378
Location: USA - CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Naked Avis everywhere Reply with quote

Do you all notice that there are quite a few more attempts from shady creators to slip the occassional naked avatar into GA? I went through hottest and I saw about 4 when I was shopping. That's a lot. Is that something normal?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
4u

4u's page


Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Posts: 5189
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep totally normal, just flag them
_________________

Developers Create The Easy 123 Way! Buy Textures For IMVU! FREE SAMPLES.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
GQManOfTheYear 18+ Age Verified

GQManOfTheYear <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1405
Location: USA - CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Naked Avis everywhere Reply with quote

ThommieRox wrote:
Do you all notice that there are quite a few more attempts from shady creators to slip the occassional naked avatar into GA? I went through hottest and I saw about 4 when I was shopping. That's a lot. Is that something normal?

I don't get it. I don't comprehend why you, an unaffected party, have to intercede in the affairs of others. This appears to be common practice around here.
_________________
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin (1759)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Elaini VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Elaini <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 7506
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a nude suit among the hottest products which first show up in client. I flagged it, I'm not sure how long it takes until it's gone though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
xFauxxi

xFauxxi's page


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 2618
Location: France

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
_________________
Questions? l Tumblr.
Merry Christmas
Joyeuses Fetes a tous! ♥
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Diamondz

Diamondz's page


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 3066
Location: USA - WA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elainiwen wrote:
There's a nude suit among the hottest products which first show up in client. I flagged it, I'm not sure how long it takes until it's gone though.


I saw that as I was shutting down too (meant to go back in and flag; but, had real life to deal with). In the catty, I flagged 1 or 2 nude suits today while I was looking at either newest or hottest items. It's getting ridiculous how many are being submitted to GA.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DevAlexandria 18+ Age Verified

DevAlexandria <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 462
Location: USA - PA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I Know, Been Flagging Alot Of Them Too.. Shocked
and Yep Its Normal They Are Called "Rule Breakers"...
@GQManOfTheYear - Just Cause Your A Man You Wont Understand And It Is Againist The Rules Of The TOS To Have Nude-Ness Not As AP, If You Want To See Nude-Ness Then Join AP.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
GQManOfTheYear 18+ Age Verified

GQManOfTheYear <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1405
Location: USA - CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenScars wrote:
Yep I Know, Been Flagging Alot Of Them Too.. Shocked
and Yep Its Normal They Are Called "Rule Breakers"...
@GQManOfTheYear - Just Cause Your A Man You Wont Understand And It Is Againist The Rules Of The TOS To Have Nude-Ness Not As AP, If You Want To See Nude-Ness Then Join AP.

I like how you dismissed my lack of understanding based on my gender type. Many guys would find it offensive and confrontational, I find it amusing. Sexism-always funny. Unfortunately, the rest of your address, I couldn't say I was amused. I am fully aware that it is against IMVU's policy to allow such conduct to occur, mainly because I glanced over that portion of the Terms Of Service Agreement, and also because the infinite number of women who argue against such behavior, like you've just illustrated, too are quick to remind me of it. About the AP comment, yea, I'm a Man, I wouldn't understand your argumentatve reasoning, I'm solely good for viewing "nudeness." Wait...wait a minute...is that...is that AP I see under your avatar picture?
_________________
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin (1759)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ThomasRaith 18+ Age Verified

ThomasRaith <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 1408
Location: USA - NY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Naked Avis everywhere Reply with quote

GQManOfTheYear wrote:
ThommieRox wrote:
Do you all notice that there are quite a few more attempts from shady creators to slip the occassional naked avatar into GA? I went through hottest and I saw about 4 when I was shopping. That's a lot. Is that something normal?

I don't get it. I don't comprehend why you, an unaffected party, have to intercede in the affairs of others. This appears to be common practice around here.


I don't get why you go from thread to thread scolding people for ...actually following the rules. If someone is reported for telling someone to ____ off for no reason you sympathize with the random insulter. You don't seem to know how a parent might feel if their kid signs into a GA account and sees a naked body. Also it could be distracting for adults who didn't sign into IMVU for that sort of thing.


Last edited by ThomasRaith 18+ Age Verified on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ThomasRaith 18+ Age Verified

ThomasRaith <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 1408
Location: USA - NY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GQManOfTheYear wrote:
FallenScars wrote:
Yep I Know, Been Flagging Alot Of Them Too.. Shocked
and Yep Its Normal They Are Called "Rule Breakers"...
@GQManOfTheYear - Just Cause Your A Man You Wont Understand And It Is Againist The Rules Of The TOS To Have Nude-Ness Not As AP, If You Want To See Nude-Ness Then Join AP.

I like how you dismissed my lack of understanding based on my gender type. Many guys would find it offensive and confrontational, I find it amusing. Sexism-always funny. Unfortunately, the rest of your address, I couldn't say I was amused. I am fully aware that it is against IMVU's policy to allow such conduct to occur, mainly because I glanced over that portion of the Terms Of Service Agreement, and also because the infinite number of women who argue against such behavior, like you've just illustrated, too are quick to remind me of it. About the AP comment, yea, I'm a Man, I wouldn't understand your argumentatve reasoning, I'm solely good for viewing "nudeness." Wait...wait a minute...is that...is that AP I see under your avatar picture?


1. I don't agree with her using your gender as reason you don't understand. I feel men have just as much chance of understanding the issue as anyone. You are not the standard by which one should base judgement of all men.

2. Having access pass does not mean she or anyone else should be okay with nude avatars being slipped through as GA. That's like saying because you have had sex you would be perfectly okay with a man going at it in your front lawn.

Do you just go from thread to thread looking for TOS violation complaints to insist the person upset by the rule breaking is wrong?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Elaini VIP Club Member 18+ Age Verified

Elaini <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon --> <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 7506
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people I've talked to in client still think that IMVU's compromising between kids and adults is causing this trouble and we would need two different clients.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ThomasRaith 18+ Age Verified

ThomasRaith <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 1408
Location: USA - NY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elainiwen wrote:
Some people I've talked to in client still think that IMVU's compromising between kids and adults is causing this trouble and we would need two different clients.


That gets obnoxious for people on the fringe of adulthood. Let's say you're seventeen, about to turn eighteen. Does that mean you have to switch clients on your Birthday? Sounds like a needless pain. The GA and AP work right IF people actually follow the rules. The problem is there are those who don't care about the rules. Also just because we're adult doesn't mean we're here for nude 3D men or women. I'm here for fantasy RP, and not the sexual kind either (even though, ironically, this character is an incubus). I have access pass specifically to have access to the horror related merchandise. Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you have to want things sexual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Child

Child's page


Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 3040
Location: Iran (Islamic Republic of)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in peer review when I saw a somewhat nude outfit.
3 people including me flagged it in PR but 7 people passed it as a safe material.
In the end it left a bad record in my PR history and tossed a nude outfit to the GA catalog.

Gosh people in PR have no morals. they just want to hurry up and pass one and another product to get the credits and creator levels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
LordRiccardo 18+ Age Verified

LordRiccardo <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 16132
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elainiwen wrote:
Some people I've talked to in client still think that IMVU's compromising between kids and adults is causing this trouble and we would need two different clients.


ROFLMAO Well they can think that all they like but the kids would still get onto a adult client. They buy AP as it is now because they run off with mum and dads credit card. They won't alter this behaviour by creating a second client if anything telling kids they can't have something tends to lead to them getting sneakier.
_________________

“We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Rainspirit 18+ Age Verified

Rainspirit <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 357
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting the ToS aside for a moment. Really thinking about this. Parents are upset having a 13yr old up seeing a nude avatar. Kay, I get that but honestly...look at some of these toys the parents buy for their kids. "Barbies" For one actions figures for the boys. They are NUDE under their clothing and guess what. You can take the clothes off these dolls and change them :O. -.-' seriously not that much different from viewing a pixel doll and a barbie doll. They are pretty much the same thing. If you really don't want your kids viewing nudity etc, then perhaps you should be complaining to the toy factories about their nude toys they develop for little children UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE. 13 year olds already know about s*x etc. It's talked about in school by their friends and what not. Heck a lot of teens are getting pregnant by the time they are 17. Some by the time they are 16. Yes it's wrong, Yes it needs fixed. I don't agree with minors viewing naked bodies either. Nor do I agree with minors having s*x at a young age. But seriously...you complain about nudity on here when they are old enough to already know about the stuff...yet you don't complain about the toys made for kids now that are nude?....odd much...but bringing back in ToS into this yes you're right the GA-nude suits etc, do need flagged and placed in AP. They really should fix it so anything that doesn't meet GA guidelines doesn't get placed in GA catalog. That means if 2 people flags the product AP in peer review, it should be placed under AP. But knowing Imvu. It'll take them a "long" time to get to fixing that area.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   


Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Miscellany - IMVU Related All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB