Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Location: USA - TX
|Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:31 am Post subject: Creator Credit Refund is now live
In the next few minutes, the Creator Credit Refund system is going to be turned on. For those who are not familiar with this process, can go the Creator Portal here Creator Portal Homepage and read what this process is and the FAQ on general questions we have been asked.
A general summation of what is going to happen is as follows:
1. Any creator whose product is re-rated for any reason whether from being flagged, through the DMCA, TOS Violation, or any violation which is deemed appropriate by customer service; if warranted, will be refunding their buyer out of the creators account.
2. This process only affects credits, no Developer Token or Predits will be taken at any time for any refund.
3. If a creator wishes to dispute a re-rating they need to contact email@example.com with the Product ID and information to dispute. The response time may take anywhere from 24 to 48 business hours, however if backlogged please expect longer delays.
4. Only affects those who should receive a refund. If you hold an AP pass and a product is re-rated to AP, there will not be any refund given. The only buyer who receives a refund is the GA buyer. Also, this includes gifted products as well. I was able to get validation on this question.
5. If a re-rated product is disputed and found innocent the credits are returned by the CS Agent to the creator, after they follow the process by contacting rating dispute.
6. If it is found you have to refund a buyer for your product, you will receive a homepage message with what product, how many customers were impacted, and what their share of the refunds will be.
7. If your account is brought to 0, IMVU will cover the difference, however any further credits you obtain will be taken by IMVU to pay off the debt your account holds.
8. Refund charges will also appear on the Customer Balance Events in your creator report page.
9. The only products affected by a refund is the target product, not the derived. If a derived product is affected it is because they were also re-rated.
10. This only affects those who are re-rated as of today. Any re-ratings that occurred prior from today are not affected by this.
11. If the VGP should receive an addendum and it affects creators with a refund, IMVU will cover the full amount of refunds. However any product found in violation of that new rule after IMVU covers the cost, the creator will be responsible for the refund.
12. Any product moved to UFI will be the responsibility of the creator to refund all buyers who used credits.
(made a few changes and an addition at the request of C3 and Mods)
Also, the refunding process is just a tool. The other processes like flagging, banning accounts, re-rating, etc. are not immediately tied together. The initiation of refunding occurs if the CS Agent deems it being necessary.
I will post any changes here and on the creator portal in the FAQ if any new information is added.
Any issues found please write to firstname.lastname@example.org