The new home for the IMVU Community is help.imvu.com. For more information, check out this article.

Discussion # 9: Creators earning money directly from IMVU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lustrous

lustrous's page


Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Posts: 360
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to add that IMVU has done the right thing because now they can keep an eye on their creators and this will prevent odd ppl playing the system.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
InfamousAsh

InfamousAsh's page


Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 939
Location: USA - IL

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like credit pend was supposed to prevent that from happening? Sorry. It won't. People will still find a way. It will just be a different way.
_________________
~Ash!~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
lustrous

lustrous's page


Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Posts: 360
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InfamousAshTuesday wrote:
Just like credit pend was supposed to prevent that from happening? Sorry. It won't. People will still find a way. It will just be a different way.


How so? Can you think of a way? I can't. If anyone tries to send credits to more than a few users that will signal alarm bells. It will make the system think payment for credits is being taken somewhere (namely paypal)

And if you don't get verified you can't cash your credits out anyway. It will probably become more impossible in time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
InfamousAsh

InfamousAsh's page


Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 939
Location: USA - IL

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer not to think of a way I'm not a cheat. But the cheats will. They always have.
_________________
~Ash!~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
POlSON

POlSON's page


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 286
Location: Argentina

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivia wrote:
I got a notice yesterday that they processed my payout and it should be transferred to my PayPal soon. I just checked my PayPal today, and the money is not there yet. How long does it take to send the money?


Took 1 day after the Payout request status changed to "Closed" and I received the message from Imvu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
InfamousAsh

InfamousAsh's page


Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 939
Location: USA - IL

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way I could see to do it right now is just fly under the radar. Don't ask for too much money or more than your average and you won't be reviewed. Even if reviewed you'll probably be passed if it seems to be a legit item. Seems simple enough to me. Still seems you could be getting paid for stolen/copied items and other questionable behaviors quite easily to me. Yes imvu has some software they claim is checking products. But who knows how accurate that is. Will it catch some fraud/theft? Oh I have no doubt. Imvu already catches some of it. It will catch certain people doing certain things. But not all and the ones doing those certain things will try something else. It is a better plan as it will catch a few more? Maybe. Do I think it's better for creators overall? No actually I don't. I think it's harming more than helping by all the delays its causing.
_________________
~Ash!~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Empurios

Empurios's page


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 644
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InfamousAshTuesday wrote:
The best way I could see to do it right now is just fly under the radar. Don't ask for too much money or more than your average and you won't be reviewed. Even if reviewed you'll probably be passed if it seems to be a legit item. Seems simple enough to me. Still seems you could be getting paid for stolen/copied items and other questionable behaviors quite easily to me. Yes imvu has some software they claim is checking products. But who knows how accurate that is. Will it catch some fraud/theft? Oh I have no doubt. Imvu already catches some of it. It will catch certain people doing certain things. But not all and the ones doing those certain things will try something else. It is a better plan as it will catch a few more? Maybe. Do I think it's better for creators overall? No actually I don't. I think it's harming more than helping by all the delays its causing.


I think everyone is reviewed every time they request a payment. I don't think there is anymore flying under the radar anymore also.

Very Happy
_________________




Where there is a will, there is a way...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
InfamousAsh

InfamousAsh's page


Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 939
Location: USA - IL

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no guarantee that people that have been verified/reviewed are any more legit than people who are still earning credits and haven't been. *Shrugs.*
_________________
~Ash!~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Olivia 18+ Age Verified

Olivia <a href='/age_verify/index/'><img src='/common/img/icons/age_verified_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='18+ Age Verified'/></a> 's page


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 69
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunnyHer wrote:
Olivia wrote:
I got a notice yesterday that they processed my payout and it should be transferred to my PayPal soon. I just checked my PayPal today, and the money is not there yet. How long does it take to send the money?


They have been paying at the end of every day but for some reason yesterday they didnt....no one got their pay yesterday


I checked PayPal again, and the money was finally there. Such a long wait for a little bit of money lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
DarkAngel5 VIP Club Member
Moderator
DarkAngel5 <a href='/vip_club/'><img src='/catalog/web_images/vip_35x18.gif' width='35' height='18' alt='VIP Club Member' /></a><!-- VIP Club Member Icon -->'s page


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 18115
Location: USA - NJ

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this thread has reached 100 pages. Please use the new thread: Here Thanks
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Don't want to see these ads? Join the VIP Program!

Hide ads? Get VIP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    IMVU Forum Index -> Older IMVU News, Announcements and Release Notes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages 

Search the forums:


Powered by phpBB